As technology and digitization evolve, companies must adapt new security solutions to safeguard their information and businesses in the online environment. Cybersecurity is critical in protecting systems, networks, and programs from possible cyber attacks that aim to access, modify, or destroy sensitive information, extort users, or disrupt business continuity.
To achieve effective cybersecurity in an enterprise, it is essential to integrate users, processes, and technology to execute a defense strategy against cyber attacks.
Consider following these eight tips to improve your cybersecurity:
- Use strong passwords with a mix of memorable characters, numbers, and letters that are hard to guess.
- Change your passwords every three to four months to prevent them from being compromised.
- Do not download or open attachments from unknown or suspicious senders.
- Ensure that the websites you visit have an SSL certificate visible in the address bar with a green or gray padlock.
- Keep your operating system and antivirus updated on all your devices.
- Make purchases from reputable websites that begin with “https” and display a green or gray padlock.
- Avoid connecting to public Wi-Fi networks as much as possible.
- Do not send sensitive information over the web, such as account numbers or bank cards.
To manage and control potential cyberattacks, organizations must establish a solid structure based on four fundamental pillars: identification, protection, detection and response, and recovery. Here are five tips to improve business cybersecurity:
- Train and educate your collaborators on cybersecurity.
- Conduct periodic cybersecurity audits and verify the internal and external perimeter of your company’s networks.
- Establish a mandatory corporate cybersecurity manual that includes personal cybersecurity policies.
- Encrypt all your company’s confidential and sensitive information.
- Implement cybersecurity technologies, such as firewalls, DNS filtering, and antivirus software, among others.
Technology plays a central role in cybersecurity, providing the tools necessary to protect against cyberattacks. It is crucial to secure three vital elements in a company’s internal workflow: endpoint devices (computers, smart devices, and routers), networks, and the cloud. Some standard technologies that protect these elements are next-generation firewalls, DNS filtering, malware protection, antivirus software, and email security solutions.
Types of cybersecurity threats:
There are several common threats on the web, including:
- Phishing: Fraudulent emails are sent that imitate trusted sources to steal sensitive data.
- Ransomware: Malicious software that blocks access to files or computer systems until a ransom is paid.
- Malware: Software designed to gain unauthorized access or cause damage to a computer.
- Social engineering: A deception tactic to obtain confidential information or request payments.
Regarding cybersecurity solutions, many companies make the mistake of using pre-built systems that leave vulnerable gaps in their systems. At Dapango Technologies, we offer a free security test to evaluate the specific risks of your company and provide an adapted security plan.
Request your Assessment today and get one of 50 25% discount coupons for Cyber Monday!